Raise funds or donate money
Donate items and products
Boxes are designed to contain a mix of useful and practical, as well as comfort and treat items- anything to help soothe the senses and promote emotional well-being.
Some suggested items are:
- New toiletries: such as soap, shower gel, bubble bath, bath bombs, shampoo, conditioner, roll on deodorant, body lotion, hand cream, lip balm.
- Distraction & comfort items: such as notepads, colouring books, fidget toys, craft, art, puzzles, mindfulness cards, cosy socks.
- Treats & snacks: such as small packets of biscuits, chocolates, sweets, dried fruit, cereal bars.
- Drinks: such as sachets of tea, herbal tea, coffee, hot chocolate, pocket cordials.
- Things for baby: such as nappies, baby wipes, baby wash, baby shampoo, tissues.
We are sometimes approached by charity knitting groups and we are always extremely grateful to receive any knitted baby items. We cannot emphasise enough how much these items mean to new mums who are “missing out” on the joy of the early days.
Make a mental health heart
#mentalhealthhearts started in 2018 when Alison decided to ask people to make knitted, crocheted or fabric hearts so she could send them to anyone struggling with their mental health.
Hearts are handmade by people who want to show they care, and many have experienced mental health issues themselves. A heart is intended to be a small keepsake of connection and hope.
The inspiration behind this came from:
- the idea that self-care doesn’t have to be expensive, it doesn’t have to be materialistic and it doesn’t have to be complicated.
- the idea that showing others we care is more about human compassion, kindness and authenticity than something that can be learned from a textbook.
To fulfil our new charitable purpose we are now asking if people would like to make hearts exclusively for women and/ or their baby’s in Mother and Baby Units.
There are sample patterns on our social media pages, but in keeping with the spirit of the idea- they can be any design, size or colour- and do not have to be perfect.